Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fathers and Son campout

I cant beleive I forgot to post about this fathers and son campout and all that happened that weekend. First off Brad, Brex, Papa, great granpa and few others all went out camping. From the sounds of it they all had a good time. Brex was sooooo filthy which is always a good indicator that he had a blast! at one time i heard that Brexens hands were the same color as his hair, thanks to yummy Cheetos, what a great treat for camping. I mean come on you are already so dirty why not add some cheetos to the mix:) Brad was quite happy that Brex slept great. The day befor the campout I had to take brex to the dr to check to make sure he didnt have an earinfection because he had wolken up sevral times the night before, which is totally out of his norm. Anyways I was told that it was just those dang molars trying to come through, I had my sneaking suspision thats what was the problem i just wanted to make sure. I would have felt bad to find out that he was in pain when there was somthing I was able to do.

While the boys were away we spent friday night at a spa party. And then Sat morning is where life got crazy, I did an early morning weave so that I would be done in time to get Brittany to her last bball game, and thank goodness I finished a little early because as soon as I was done and she had left I heard a blood curdling scream come from outside. I ran out there to see one of the neighbor familys had been out for a family bikeride and the dad had slipped somehow and hit his head very badly. It had scalped him from above his eye quite a ways back. So he was bleeding horribly. His wife was calling 911 on her cell phone and was so frantic she handed the phone to me. So I was telling the peramedics how to get to our neighborhood. anyways I helped to get somthing to put on his head and let them use my phone because theres was on emergency mode, and then helped to get the bikes back to their house just in time to rush to britts game. Quite eventful.

Now a little background on this family, they have lived in my neighborhood for about 2 yrs and they have never even looked me in the eye, they do not say hello or even ignolidge you if you were to pass. They homeschool there children and needless to say are just very private to themselves people. So I have wondered if they would not like me to come by just to make sure things were ok. But a few days later I was the one who accually received one of the nicest cards from them expressing their thanks. I was greatful to be able to help them.

3 comments:

jeffylou said...

Maybe with all the trauma lately you should get some kind of EMT license or First Responder training. Heck (yep I'm from Utah), by now you could probably teach some classes!

Arian said...

Wow, I am so impressed that they went on the campout. Brave soul, that hubby of yours!
Molars are the worst. Sorry that you have to deal with that right now. :)

Bobby and Shanna said...

I think Brex had a great time at the campout..he was actually the youngest of them all.. your neighbors are so lucky that you were home to give them help..that is way nice of them to send you the card..it would be nice if more people were like that these days!!