Monday, February 4, 2008

So anyone who knows me well at all know that I have been counting down the days, hours and even minutes until I went in for surgery. Well, all of that waiting and it finally got here, I went in on Feb 1st at 7:30am to start with the IVs and such, and the last thing I remember as I was being strapped down to the table was looking at the clock at 8:00am. I can honestly say that at no point was I scared of the accually surgery, but only for the recovery and down time that I will have for the next few weeks. I dont like just sitting around feeling useless. But I also decided that now was as good a time as any since there really is no good time to take a month off of life:))) My husband has been the hugest supporter! He truly supports anything that will make me feel better about myself. He is the best! He is my own little sexy nurse man, and has taken the best care of me. He did somthing that was so funny and sweet while I was in surgery, he went and bought me a new env phone to kill some time. He downloaded as my ringtone the song "I'm bringing sexy back" by justin timberlake. How clever is he. And just for the record I plan on being so cute when this is all over with:)) he he. I know most people are hush hush about any cosmetic surgery they get done, but I am a talker and would have a hard time keeping this one a secret, because it is so exciting to me and I have talked about getting this done for atleast a good 10 yrs. so it's about dang time. Sorry that I am not brave enough to post the before, during and after pics. So just try hard to use your imagination on this one:) I will be doing alot of sitting so if anyone wants to come hang out I would love the company.

8 comments:

The Knappy Crew said...

I love the "sexy nurse man" comment. You are so funny. I love that you are so open about your surgery. People go to the gym, the hairdresser, and many other places to better their appearance so what's the big deal?
What color is your phone? I have the orange one and absolutly love it.They are so fun.

Bobby and Shanna said...

I'm glad that surgery went well and you are on the road back to recovery...Brad is the BEST!! (I know cuz I'm his mom) Just get better fast, and we cant wait to see the new you!!

Unknown said...

Hello, this is Larin's sister Marnie. I finally got to meet you this past summer. I guess you are a real person not just a "person" Larin talks about. I am so glad that things went well for you. You look great in the picture on the beach. wow! You go and get your sexy back girl. I'm next k!
Talk to you soon.

Caryn said...

Kayla! I am so jealous! Nana told me this weekend and ooooooh, I envy you! Really. I am happy that the surgery went well, and I hope that the little ones will let you rest! Oh, sometime I seriously want details, cause when i am done w/ kids I am ALL about the nip/tuck (mostly the tucking part!!!) Oh, have fun being waited on by Brad!

The Curry Family said...

I can't wait to see the end results! Thank you for the birthday gift too, I LOVE it!! We'll see you soon!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the update on your blog. I've been thinking about you and hoping all is going well. Girl, you are SO "bringing sexy back". Glad to hear Brad is taking such care of you, that's a good hubby you have there.

It sounds like lots of us want to follow in your footsteps...do you think if we all went in together we could get a group discount? ;) LOL

Hope to see you soon!

Stephanie Walker said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are doing great! Please let me know if i can help out at all. I am so getting stuff done when i am done having kids! You Rock!

Amber Olsen said...

Hey girl. I am so freaking excited for you right know. OK I am bringing you dinner on friday and we will have to catch up. Oh yeah and I will tell you how the leadership meeting went. Call me if friday is bad.