Thursday, February 7, 2008

The drains come out!

This morning Brad and I went back down to Tucson for a followup apt with my doc. Today was the big "get the drains out" day. I was preety nervous about this, I have heard mixed reveiws on the pain level of this. Being the optimistic I try to be, I decided it wouldnt be to bad. Welllll let me tell you, the drains, yes I said drains with an s which means there were more than one of them that needed to come out, HURT like the dickens while comeing out. I would say that they were close to the size of my living room couch pulled through a little tiny insision. I thought I might die after the first one, so the nurse might as well finish me off by pulling the next one out. She did mention how the second is never as bad as the first one is to get out. Can I just say "LIAR" I do beleive that it was worse. Brad was shocked at what comes out, and when he said so. the nurse asked, " what were you expecting?" my husbands reply, ummm the end of the tube. Which I have to agree would have been close to my response. This whole experience will totally be worth it, but in the meantime you might get an earful of my little complaining:))))) And can I say that I do beleive that I have gained several inches of being closer to standing not so hunched over. Huge improvment!

4 comments:

Bobby and Shanna said...

Sounds gruesome...yuck!! Now maybe you will be feeling better..

Caryn said...

Oh, that is so crappy, but I love all the details! Feel better soon!

Arian said...

Well, I have to say that even a few days after the surgery you looked great yesterday! I can't believe that you were up and around to answer the door. Hope you are feeing a bit better each day. Hang in there!!

Cory said...

Congratulations! I'm happy that you have been able to have this happen. I know that you have been waiting for sometime. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Listen to Brad (he is a good nurse)! Love you lots!

Uncle Cory