Friday, March 14, 2008

Howdy officer is there a problem?

So yesterday Brad and I made a quick trip to flagstaff for a doctor apt. We did take Brexen and Londyn while Brittany was at school. Not wanting to be to a distraction in the doctors office, Brad opted to stay in the expedition with the kids while I went in for my apt. we had been texting each other while I was waiting and apparently I left him alone long enough that while he was in the back seat and the kids were busy watching a movie he managed to fall soundly asleep. Infact, he was so asleep that when there were people peering through the darkly tinted windows and knocking he didnt hear them or see them. I found this out as I was coming out of the hospital and was following a security gaurd and two concerned women, I didnt really pay attention to what they were saying until I see them walk up to MY car and start peering in the windows, so I stopped and just watched them until the security gaurd looked at me and asked if I needed somthing. So I told him that it was my car and yes, my kids were in there and somwhere in there I was sure that my husband was there asleep:))) one of the women explained that she had noticed that our car had been running for quite sometime and she noticed children inside, when she had first gone up to it, she tryed to look in but the windows in the back windows were too dark so she just got concerned. I thanked them for looking out for things and then began my knocking. Of course Brad popped up with a smile and said " oh I must of fallen asleep" I had to start laughing and show him the others that were walking away and tell him that he had really stirred up some drama. He almost couldnt beleive that he didnt wake up with all of that. My Bradley is a hard sleeper needless to say. I love him and appriciate his willingness to make the long quick drive with me, this just added to the funny conversation on the way home.

4 comments:

Bobby and Shanna said...

You are absolutely correct.. our Brad is a very very sound sleeper... That is sooo hiliarious!! One you better write in your journal..

gina said...

I remember Brad falling asleep one other time in the truck too! I used to worry all the time about him when he would fall asleep at my house and then drive home late at night, I knew he was going to fall asleep. I guess he is a hard worker and is just really tired, so when he fianlly sleeps he really sleeps!!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! This story is hilarious!

The Romneys said...

That is so funny!