Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot as He double hockey sticks

I thought this poem my sis sent me was hilarious! especially because I LIVE HERE:) honestly I only feel this way about Az for like 2 months in the summer, the rest of the time it's great.

ARIZONA
The devil wanted a place on earth, sort of a summer home. A Place to spend vacation whenever he wanted to roam. So he picked out ARIZONA. A place both wretched and rough. Where the climate was to his liking. And the cowboys hardened and tough.
He dried up the streams in the canyons, and ordered no rain to fall. He dried up the lakes in the valleys, then baked and scorched it all.
Then over his barren desert, he transplanted shrubs from HELL. The cactus, thistle & prickly pear, the climate suited them well.
Now, the home was much to his liking but animal life he had none, so he created crawling creatures that all mankind would shun.
First he made the rattle snake with his forked poisonous tongue, taught it to strike and rattle, and how to swallow its young.
Then he made scorpions and lizards and the ugly old horned toad he placed spiders of every discrition under rocks by the side of a road.
Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter and hotter and hotter still. Until even the cactus wilted, and the old horned toad looked ill.
Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom as any kingdom would. HE chuckled a little up his sleeve and admitted that it was good.
Twas summer now and satan lay by a prickly pear to rest the sweat rolled off his swarthy brow, so he took off his coat and vest "by golly" he finally panted i did my job too well. I am going back where I came from. Arizona is HOTTER THAN HELL!

4 comments:

Angela Lindley said...

I am glad you enjoyed this. Brian found this in his Mission stuff from when he served in Phoenix. The picture is great that goes with it. it has a picture of two devils and they are wiping sweat from their foreheads. The one devil says to the other, "Man, it's hot as Phoenix today!!"

jeffylou said...

Vacation in Utah any time!!! Loved having you here.

Natalie said...

This is perfect, and so true!

The Knappy Crew said...

I love this poem.....I actually miss that hotter than hell place.