Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Maui, Hawaii trip, Were Back!

So I just want to say that Brad was the official camera man on our trip, so there are a bunch of our pics that he wasnt in, but just for the record he WAS there for all of it:)))))
I am happy to say that I finally have a little extra time to tell you all about our Hawaii trip. Brad & I flew to Maui along with my parents and my 2 bros. We were gone for a week and had a blast! However a week was about 3 days to long without my kids, I really missed them the last bit. The weather was so great, Brad & I originally rented a Jeep wrangler that I HATED, so after 2 days of that, I had Brad go and exchange it for a Mustange convertable. And let me just say, that is the way to do Maui! we did so many different things this trip,than last year when we took the kids. We went on this Zipline tour through Ecoline, that was such a rush, I am really quite afraid of heights and was worried that I would chicken out, but I finally had decided that worst case would be that somone could just push me off of each side and then I wouldn't have a choice. But I did manage to make the jumps on my own. We did 8 different Zips with the first one being 350 yrds and the longest being 1000 yrds. We would get going sooooo fast. and would stop by running up this ramp thing. I will be getting some of those photos on here soon. We went to the "Old Lahaina Luau" the show is great, and so is the food. We took one of our best tours through "Quick Silver" starting by them serving us Breakfast and then going to Mulikkini island to snorkle, they then took us over to turtle bay to snorkle with the turtles, that was so great! at times we were only feet away from these huge turtles. The water clarity was amazing, if I remember right they said that day the clarity was 12o ft in the water, and let me tell you, off of the side of the boat you could see perfectly down through the water to see details in fish etc.. we then had a barbeque on the boat and we went out whale watching, we found several groups of whales to watch and got to see them be preety active. Brad & I love watching the whales, it is one of our favorite things to do. Infact, we spent lots of time right off of our hotel balcony watching the whales and also at breakfast each morning we were able to sit at our table and watch them. So another one of the days we spent on the road to Hana, that was a super fun day, we hiked a few of the trails getting really muddy, and went to see the black sand beaches, we stopped and hiked through the underground lava caves, and lots more, on the way back we watched the surfers. On Sunday we found a church meeting to attend, it was fun to meet new people. The people there all seem so relaxed and life is just so much more slow paced. My mom and I got plenty of shopping in (SORRY BOYS), and most importantly for all of us we managed to eat 2 of our dinners at the yummiest place in Maui "Bubba Gump's" you cannot go to Maui and not eat there! We all spent oddles of time in the sun on the beach, I still dont feel like I got enough, it was fantastic! the boys played catch with the football forever:) , we also did a blachlight minature golf game. so that was alot of our trip, we LOVE hawaii, but we did decide that we will wait like 5 yrs to go again with the kids. That way the kiddos will be a little older to be able to do alot of the activities with us. Hawaii for our family has both times been everything we wanted it to be!

4 comments:

Bobby and Shanna said...

I'm glad you had fun..you always should experience Hawaii one time without the kids...your kids missed you too...there glad your back...Guess I need to put this on my schedule in 5 years??

Michael and Dena said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. The slide shows was cool.

Unknown said...

Great blog. I found it because I have Google do an automatic search for the name "Liles." My wife and I will probably be going to Maui this summer. We have been before, but not in quite a few years. Great photos. Take care,
Ray E. Liles
Crestline, CA

The Curry Family said...

Looks like you guys had some fun! I can't wait to go next month. We booked the Quiksilver Molokini for Steve, Kevin and Shel & Ster. Fun fun!